We are looking for a technically strong expert to join our development team to facilitate effective technical decisions and development on the or frontend solutions, and products. The focus shall include but not be limited by modern frontend technology, modern digital identity standards (Self Sovereign Identity - SSI), and understanding of light cryptography and blockchain.
- Work with identity solutions for the future of identity, web 3.0 solutions.
- You will support to architect a solid frontend system to support for modern digital identity standards
- You will work closely with our UX designers and make sure we are all on board.
- You will drive consistent standards and approaches (to write clean, well-structured and documented code, which is reusable, scalable, secure and performant) for our web clients.
- You will work in a agile way to prototype cutting edge solutions to rapidly test our product hypotheses, and return that learning to the team
- You will become an expert in decentralised identity, engage with the standards community, and ensure our solutions are delivering value to our customers.
Professional skills and experience
We expect you to have 5+ years of frontend experience or to demonstrate capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions. We will touch upon this during the homework.
- You have to have proficiency at designing and implementation of solid frontend systems using the JS stack (TypeScript, React, Axios, Microfrontends)
- Proficiency in GraphQL queries
- Proficiency in authentication systems such as Auth0, Firebase and others
- Experience with NPM, modules and separation of concern
- Experience with good structure for frontend testing
- Have an interest in observing the stack with structured logging and analytics to our customer and data team.
Nice to have
- It helps to have experience backend development to help out there
- Experience with good flows of setting up your CI/CD pipeline, with Google Cloud Build and terraform
Your soft skills
- What we look for in a person, is someone to match the current team in values and principles. We’re committed generalists, eager learners, conscientious workers, and curators of what’s essential. We’re quick to trust. We see things through. We’re kind to each other and support each other. We reach for responsibility and hold ourselves accountable. We show up for doing the work and for each other
- Positive attitude towards knowledge sharing within the team
- Open-minded in working with different cultures and in an agile and remote team environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English with an ability to analyse and interpret information remotely
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment by maintaining good structure in daily work
- Open to continuous feedback with an openness to each other. It is crucial because we are in this for the long term
- Goal-oriented and dedicated approach to work
- Enjoy interacting with people and customers and soliciting feedback
- Curiosity and constant willingness to develop new ideas and ways of doing things
- Enjoy to engage in complex and emerging technology
About the job and company
We are an early-stage startup with all hands on deck and can ensure interesting tech challenges and a great team to work with. From ideation, to production and tracking numbers for impact - we believe in broad team collaboration on all levels to make the best product. As a senior developer you will come in to the team and contribute to all critical functions of Diwala.
So... what do we do?
We create digital solutions for identifying and verifying talent. Our vision is to infuse the global skill market with trust and transparency - to incentivize growth and independence. Our mission is to provide a digital proof of skills for talent around the world. No little task - we know! But we have a lot of fun doing it.
- We do require that your normal workday has at least 4 hours overlap with the Oslo workday (currently UTC+1) without impinging on your personal/family life.
- Our team currently spans, UTC+2, UTC+3, UTC+5:30, UTC-4 The company as a whole works from 4+ cities across 4 countries.
- We are an early stage startup, that run with a clear focus. We want to achieve our goals while we strive for a work life balance. Norwegian law say it is expected to work a normal 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. We feel that is a nice balance. But to set expectations, there will be times that require heavier dedication. But expectations are to work a normal 8 hours work day, 5 days a week.
- As stated above, work life balance is super important. We have goals we want to achieve and therefore we have decided that there is a flexible vacation policy, you can take as much vacation as possible, but as of now we can only pay for 5 weeks each year, but it is up to you to plan and adjust to the amount of time of vacation days needed for a good work life balance.
How does the process look like
- We expect to spend some weeks to review all applications coming in. We say about 1-2 weeks after the application come in.
- You’ll hear from us at the latest two weeks after an application has been delivered, about the next step in the procedure, but can hear from us earlier. We are trying to process all incoming applications as fast as possible.
- We will do a short coffee chat to get to know you a bit better and align expectations.
- Then there will be a small homework assignment, for us to get a quick understanding of what you know, who you are and your background. That includes coding, communication and architecture. This is to also get a feel of how you will work in a remote culture.
- Then on to an interview, where we talk about your place in the job, your current assignment and other important factors to find the right match. There will be no gotchas, no concrete right or wrong answers, or whiteboard coding.
- When you have passed all steps, we take about 3 weeks to make a decision depending on the amount of applicants at the time of your process.
PS: We know this is a lot of work and there’s a lot on the line. It’s a significant career move to consider. We appreciate the generosity and courage that go into giving us this consideration. Our conversation starts with this post. We look forward to hearing from you.